TRANSFERRING TO A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OF UNIVERSITYTransfer to University of California (UC)
Campuses include: Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced,
Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa
- Minimum admission requirements for transfer applicants (California residents)
- Complete 60 semester units of transferable college credit with a GPA of at least 2.4 with no more than 14 semester units completed on a pass/no pass (credit/no credit) basis.
- Complete the following with grades of "C" of better:
1. ENGL 100
2. ONE Critical Thinking Course: ENGL 101, ENGL 102, ENGL 109, or PHIL 150
3. ONE UC transferable-level math course
4-7. Four additional transferable college courses (3 semester units each) chosen from at least two of the following subject areas: Arts and Humanities (sections 3A and 3B from OCC's General Education Option 3 (IGETC - Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum); Social and Behavioral Sciences (section 4 from IGETC); Physical and Biological Sciences (section 5 from IGETC).In 2008, the average GPA of transfer students admitted to the UC system was 3.3, but GPA standards and requirements vary greatly depending on the campus and major choice.
Campuses include: Bakersfield, Channel Islands, Chico, Dominguez
Hills, Fresno, Fullerton, Hayward, Humboldt, Long Beach, Los
Angeles, Maritime Academy, Monterey Bay, Northridge, Cal Poly
Pomona, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San
Jose, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, San Marcos, Sonoma,
- Minimum admission requirements for transfer applicants (California residents):
- Complete 60 semester units of transferable college credit with a GPA of at least 2.0 (check each campus for limitations on credit/no credit).
- Complete the following with grades of "C" or better:
1. ENGL 100
2. ONE Critical Thinking Course: ENGL 101, ENGL 102, ENGL 109, PHIL 150, SPCH 130, MATH 220, or PHIL 220
3. one CSU transfer-level math course (MATH 100 or higher)
4. SPCH 100 or 110
Examples of independent schools include (but not limited to):
University of Southern California, Pepperdine University, Chapman
University, Concordia University, Vanguard University.
- Minimum admission requirements for transfer applicants vary greatly. Most independent and out-of-state schools require 24-to-36 transferable units to be considered a transfer student, so as to be admitted based on college work versus high school transcripts, SAT scores and/or ACT scores.