TEN QUESTIONS WITH MEASHA LINDSTRAND
1. Who/What got you interested in your sport and when did you start playing?
"I have watched Kerri Walsh play since I was in high school and when I met her when I was in California for the first time, I knew I wanted to play competitively. I started playing last year and it was one of the best seasons I've had."
2. If you weren't playing your sport, what other sport would you want to play at the college level?
"I would want to be playing softball somewhere. I had to choose between volleyball and softball in high school and since then, I regret it incredibly."
3. What makes your head coach the type of coach you love to play for?
"Chuck has a coaching style that is different from any of the other coaches I've ever had. He's tough, he's hard, but he's supportive. He will tell you when you've had a good day, but he will also tell you when you mess up."
4. What are you majoring in and what's your favorite class?
"I'm majoring in business administration and my favorite class is my stats class with professor Timothy Cooley."
5. What is your perfect pre-match meal?
"My perfect pre-match meal would be a glass of milk, green grapes, and peanut butter toast with lots of peanut butter. Then, if I have it, some huckleberry gummy bears from my home in Montana."
6. What do you enjoy doing when you're not in school or playing your sport?
"I love being able to relax at the beach or go hiking somewhere I haven't been. I just love being outside and getting fresh air."
7. Favorite Movies?
"Singin' In the Rain, Sleeping Beauty and Rebel Without a Cause."
8. What are your first three songs on your pre-match playlist?
"My whole playlist is country, but I also have a little bit of 80s rock n' roll ... 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns n Roses, 'Smoke a Little Smoke' by Eric Church and 'Renegade' by Styx."
9. What is the plan once you graduate?
"My plan is to go back to Montana and open my own bakery with a bar. It'll be a bakery in the morning and a bar/restaurant at night."
10. What is your leadership style?
"My leadership style is being able to include everyone in everything. I like to be able to pick people up when they are down and distressed. I like to push people to be their best and be more than what they are."